Thought I’d perhaps explain thresholds a little bit.
Using the threshold determines when to show a task or keep it hidden (or optionally to sort it as an inactive task so you can see it but it’s sorted last and looks different).
So a line that is
2018-07-03 This is my task that won’t be shown until next year t:2019-07-03
Will be hidden until 2019-07-03.
Since it’s not so fun to have write these dates, it’s possible to use relative shorthand. So entering
2018-07-03 This is my task that won’t be shown until next year t:+1y
will have the same effect. Todour will replace the t:+1y with t:2019-07-03. You can use “d” for days, “w” for weeks, “m” for months and “y” for years. No combinations are possible though as I couldn’t see any need for them. Let me know if I am wrong 🙂
I added a different kind of thresholds as well. I am not sure if any other implementation supports this, but I wanted it so you got it 🙂
See the below example:
2018-07-03 This is a task with a +project tag
2018-07-03 This is a task that has a threshold of that +project tag t:+project
If you turn on the option of respecting thresholds for projects and contexts, the second line will be hidden until all lines with the +project tag have been checked or removed. This makes it possible to create dependencies between tasks, making tasks stay out of the way until something else is done.
Hope this is of any use.
Download todour 2.13 from https://nerdur.com/todour-pl/
- Option to save deleted items in deleted.txt
- Remember the content of search window if turned off
- Remember the state of the Context lock toggle button when closed
- Support for the threshold (t:) tag
- Threshold tag can take relative days(d),weeks(w),months(m) or years(y) as argument when threshold tags are active (example t:+2d will change to a date in 2 days)
- Threshold can have a +project or @context – stays hidden while there is an active task with that +project or @context
- Threshold task can be treated as inactives (thus not hidden, but displayed differently)
- Changed behavior: When editing a line with dates, a change of the dates will be respected as well (before the original date would be kept.
Thanks for the bug reports and suggestions.
Download todour 2.12 from https://nerdur.com/todour-pl/
- Date related bug fixes
- Possibility to see the dates (selectable in settings)
Thanks for the bug reports and suggestions.
There is a small bug in 2.10 for portable mode that creates and empty registry entry (and the hotkey setting won’t work in portable mode). A fix is in 2.11 that is only available for portable mode in https://nerdur.com/todour-pl/.
A new release, 2.10, is now available on https://nerdur.com/todour-pl/.
This release is focused on fixing issues with the portable mode, so if you have 2.09 and are not using portable mode, this release has nothing new.
For the ones of you using portable mode, the application now takes the argument “-portable” and will then search for an .ini file in it’s current directory (there is a shortcut in the .zip archive that should start in the correct mode). The .ini file will be created in a directory called “Nerdur”.
Please try it out and let me know if it works as expected.
Download todour 2.09 from https://nerdur.com/todour-pl/ for some minor updates.
- Font related bug fixes
- The window always should show up on a visible screen
- Hotkey for adding new tasks
So, I finally got around to it. You can find the source code of Todour on GitHub https://github.com/SverrirValgeirsson/Todour
There is plenty of room for improvements as most of the code has grown organically from a minor experiment that I was doing some years ago and I don’t really code that much nowadays. Anyway, I put it under GPL for simple sharing in any form. Hope it’s of value to someone.
Download todour 2.07 from https://nerdur.com/todour-pl/ for some minor updates.
- Possibility to turn off live search (good for very large files)
- Settings dialog layout fixed in windows 10
- Automatic scrolling added
Hi. The 2.05 version of Todour is now out. Get it and enjoy the new context feature and a bit fewer bugs 🙂
Get it here
The 2.04 version of Todour is available now.
- New icons from FontAwesome
- Ability to sort items alphabetically
- Bugfix: an x in the beginning of the first word would be interpreted as a ‘done’ task
- Bugfix: Copy and pasting multiline text will still only create one item
Go get it at the todour page