So, I finally got around to it. You can find the source code of Todour on GitHub https://github.com/SverrirValgeirsson/Todour
There is plenty of room for improvements as most of the code has grown organically from a minor experiment that I was doing some years ago and I don’t really code that much nowadays. Anyway, I put it under GPL for simple sharing in any form. Hope it’s of value to someone.
Download todour 2.07 from https://nerdur.com/todour-pl/ for some minor updates.
- Possibility to turn off live search (good for very large files)
- Settings dialog layout fixed in windows 10
- Automatic scrolling added
Finally advanced search is here! Download todour 2.06 from https://nerdur.com/todour-pl/ and enjoy being able to search for multiple tags in any order and to exclude any words in your search.
For example the search shown here will find all lines that contain “+work” and “+budget” and do not contain the word “delegated”.
Advanced searching has been implemented and is being tested for the 2.06 release of Todour.
The search will be able to handle multiple search words including negative ones, like below where all lines with “test2” and “test1” but not test4 will be matched.
The negative matching is especially convenient when wanting to exclude a project or context. I use it for excluding the “@work” context when I am not working for example but you can of course find many other uses for it.
Stay tuned for the 2.06 release coming quite soon…
Hi. The 2.05 version of Todour is now out. Get it and enjoy the new context feature and a bit fewer bugs 🙂
Get it here
The 2.05 version of Todour will have a context lock feature. That means that when the context is “locked”, it’s automatically added to any new line. So for instance if your’re working on a +project1, you can search for it, press the lock and then just add all the todos you want. All will have +project1 added to them so they keep the context you’re in.
The 2.04 version of Todour is available now.
- New icons from FontAwesome
- Ability to sort items alphabetically
- Bugfix: an x in the beginning of the first word would be interpreted as a ‘done’ task
- Bugfix: Copy and pasting multiline text will still only create one item
Go get it at the todour page
The first feature of the 2.04 branch has been checked in, and that became a button to toggle alphabetic sorting of the list (yay!)
Head over to the Todour-page for downloading the new 2.03 release.
- Table width is now always the width of the window (not the included text).
- Tooltips show the entire contents of a todo
- Ctrl-f sets focus on the search field (Cmd-f on mac)
- Ctrl-n sets focus on the “new” field (Cmd-n on mac)
- Tab order improved
- Editing a value will remember the position in the table so keyboard operation is easy (F2 to edit or Enter on a mac)
- Window remembers it’s position and size
I’ve noted that there is a small but loyal base of users that use Todour, but quite many download, try once and then never come back. Is it to difficult to use? Or is it just not what those users were expecting? Anyhow, now there is a video showing it in action to both help understand what it is and also understand how it can be used. Hope it is of value.